We posed the following questions to our members:
1. Who is you favorite villain? (tell us why, what's cool about him/her, what was best trap they laid for the Dynamic Duo, etc)
2. Who is your favorite 'friend or ally' of Batman and Robin? (ie Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara, Alfred, Batgirl, etc)
3. When did you first see the show? (what age, what was your reaction, etc)
And here is what some of them wrote:
My favorite villain is The Minstrel. I liked that he engaged Batman in a "battle of wits" and that he abhored violence. The Minstrel respected Batman, but came to hate him as well. His criminal masterplan was intriguing. Van Johnson did a great job in the role. I enjoyed his rendition of the songs. Best of all, The Minstrel did not just leave for no reason when he had Batman and Robin in a doom-trap!
2. Who is your favorite 'friend or ally' of Batman and Robin? (ie
Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara, Alfred, Batgirl, etc)
3. When did you first see the show? (what age, what was your reaction, etc) See my Guestbook entry for my lengthy response!
I would have to say my favorite villain would be Catwoman. What lifts Cawoman above all the rest of the Dynamic Duo's foes is the repor she has with Batman. Teeming with sexual innuendo, Catwoman contiously tries to bait Batman in admitting his affections for her. Though Batman continually denies any attraction to the feline fatale, sometimes we get glimpses which hint at the contrary. Could straight-laced Batman be attracted, even mildly, to a woman on the wrong side of the law? Robin has taken note of Catwoman's many womanly features, why not Batman? Perhaps Batman is just better disciplined-- he knows better not to let his emotions known. I do believe he has those emotions. Not a love, but there is definitely an attraction. I would like to hear what other members have to say on this matter.